Sunday, April 13, 2008

Some Booty: A Birthday Bash Part II

Yesterday, several pirates from different sea ports met to share treasure.

Photobucket

When a pirate completes years it is customary to share in the year's booty.

Photobucket

The Jolly Rogers were flown;

Photobucket

hooks were shined; swords were polished, and eye patches were re-threaded.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(Read the directions on this one; I was getting a little punchy. ;))

Photobucket

Photobucket

Treasure was hunted and found in tricky places.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Many little pirates came dressed in the colors of their own pirate boundries.

Photobucket

Baby Emmi scared away many an approaching matey with that skull and cross bones. ;) (So good to see you Adam. ;) Your visits are always "epic".)

Photobucket

AARRRRRHHHH!!! I told this pirate to give me his "best smile". He's been at sea three years; I'd smile like this after stepping off the boat too.

Photobucket

Once he got his land legs Caden was perfectly content playing with something unknown to pirates: boxes on wheels that ride on land. SINK ME!

(p.s. That blue band on his wrist is ultra special. He got it at the hospital; he's a big brother to a new baby sister! Hooray! We are so happy for you April and Matt! Congrats on your new arrival; she is perfectly perfect. Now hide her away before Pirate Caden sells her to the gypsy pirates or sends her to "Bammie's House." We love you guys. Congrats!!)

Photobucket

Pirate Gunnar enjoyed catching up on the latest news, "So, have you heard Captain Hook is retiring? Some say it is rumor; I just don't have the heart to believe that such a power house is leaving the blue. Oh well, I guess we will continue the search for ole' Davy Jones."

Photobucket

Pirate G also enjoyed and was so pleased with all the new loot he received. (I have been to kid parties before but this was the first where they were all so excited about the presents. I think Gunnar opened one of his own gifts. Which was fine; he could have cared less and I was more worried about knowing who to send the appropriate thank you too. ;) If your thank-you reads, "Thanks for the present; it was great." now you know why. ;) It played out like a fast forward scene from a comedic motion picture.)

Photobucket

Pirate chantys were sung,

Photobucket

and delicious vittles were consumed. (My girlfriend Vickie made the cake. It was perfectly decorated to match the theme. She came one night to get one of the plates I was using and came back Saturday with a jaw-dropping cake. Gunnar loved it. ;) My waist loved it more than it should. ;))

Photobucket

The pirates spotted an intruder

Photobucket

and beat it down, stealing all it's bounty.

Photobucket

Then they bounced on a "wave simulator" for the remainder of the party. Some bounced the remainder of the day,

Photobucket

Photobucket

and it turned into a sad pirate tale when the bounce house sailors came for pick-up. Pirate Gunnar shed many a salty tear while saying, "mine bounce house, mine bounce house."

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pirate Gunnar and his mateys plundered from sun up

Photobucket

to sun down. Some pirates fell asleep before others.

Photobucket

Others fell asleep way early while watching an episode of "Doobie a Doobie".

Photobucket


Gunnar, May you remember that celebrations are not reserved just for birthdays. Celebrate life son and all it has to offer you. Your life will be full and truly rich when you do.

If you discover something joyful in each day you will always find treasure.

Photobucket

We love you, Gunnar. You are a gift to us; each day with you is like a birthday. xoxo Mom and Dad

8 comments:

Kate said...

Those pictures are amazing. What an incredible party! Looks like you went above and beyond. How awesome!!! The cake looks amazing. Every detail is perfect. What great memories you're creating for little G.

Julia Goolia said...

What a fab party! I wish I was there myself.

I love how you continued to shoot away while G shed a few salty tears. Classic! And something I would totally do.

Great pictures, heart warming post. Happy Bday, Gunnar!

Paige said...

Happy Birthday, Gunnar!! I love the photojournal. And you TOTALLY need to be a party planner in your next life. ;)

Jennifer P. said...

That is just about the cutest party ever! I am such a bad children's party planner, but maybe one day....

Loved everyone of the pictures. What fabulous stories they tell on their own, but put with your words they become even more meaningful.

We rented a bounce house for my son's 5th birthday, and it was ME who shed the tears when they came to take it away. I loved that thing....

The Cardenas Clan said...

Love the pictures and the party! It looks like you did a great job. How are you feeling? I haven't seen you for a while.

kristy said...

hey bf, so i'm thinking we had a lunch date last week or the week after that we totally spaced? it was so fun seeing you at the mall and i have to tell you that everytime i see your pictures, they get better and better and better!!!!! you are amazing and i'm so happy for you. G's pirate party looked like SO much fun, your storytelling is phenomenal and it's so funny and heartfelt... and SO fun to read, I can't stop once I've started on your blog and just keep going and going... you are amazingly talented. I'm having my baby in 2 weeks, so let's plan to get together after things settle down (maybe in May?).. let's keep in touch!

Becca said...

My birthday is in November and I like a princess theme, what can you do for me? what a great party. I especially like the eye patch instructions, very graphic and life-like. thats so funny!

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday Gunnar! We are so sorry we had to miss it. Looks like it was a hit. You are so creative Kam...very impressive.